Getting Started with Haiku
Haiku - Archbishop Spalding High School from Archbishop Spalding on Vimeo.
What is Haiku:
Haiku is our new learning management system. This is where teachers will post class content such as assignments, announcements, notes, files, videos, and online quizzes and tests.
Where to find Haiku:
The direct URL is https://archbishopspalding.haikulearning.com ( no “www”). You can find a link on the homepage of our school website (www.archbishopspalding.org) under the quicklinks section.
How to Login:
The student login is the same as your Netclassroom username and password. Haiku is case-sensitive whereas NetClassroom is not. If you are using the default password that was assigned to you when you became a student, then chances are it is in all caps.
- If you have an apostrophe in your username, this has been removed for Haiku (i.e. O’Hara – Ohara).
- If you’ve changed your username to an email address such as firstname.lastname@example.org, then the username is just “john.”
- Any spaces have been removed, so if you’ve changed your username to John Doe, then it is now just JohnDoe.
At the beginning of the year, your username and password should be the same for NetClassroom, Haiku, and public computers. If you change one of these on one system, it does not change it for the others. While teachers in some cases can retrieve your usernames and passwords, please do everything possible to remember your login information.
Setting Up Your Profile
At the top of the page, you will see a button that says “My Account.” The first thing you should do is to set up your user information, especially your email. This will allow you to retrieve your username and password should you forget it. You can also include a cell phone if you would like to get text notifications. In the preferences section of “My Account” you can decide when and how often you get notified.
Portal and Class Pages
Under the “Home” button at the top, you will see a button that says “My Portal.” All of your classes should show up in the left column on your portal page. All of the classes are color coded, so you can see upcoming assignments and announcements. Click on one of the classes, to see the class page.
- If a class is missing, please ask your teacher to make the class page active.
- If you add/drop a class, you may not see your new class right away. Please talk to your teacher if the page is still not showing up in your portal after a couple of days.
While you’ll be able to see assignments in Haiku, teachers will be posting your grades in NetClassroom. Haiku does have a gradebook that some teachers may or may not use. The important thing is that your official class grade is what is found in NetClassroom (not in Haiku).
If you are having significant problems or questions, please see Mr. Hibbard in the Technology Office (Room 117) or email – email@example.com