Archbishop Spalding High School uses the School Messenger Notification System to provide timely communication to parents and staff members on matters such as school emergencies and closures. In order to enhance our ability to accurately deliver that information, we kindly request that you create your own contact preference profile using School Messenger’s Contact Manager web site.
The Contact Manager feature allows you to control the ways in which you prefer to be contacted. It also works like a mailbox, giving you a place to review messages you may have missed. However, it is not necessary to go here and see all of your messages, as they will be sent automatically to your contact types that you choose (email/phone/text messages or SMS).
Please note that you may or may not receive messages unless you log into the contact manager and edit your information. By doing this, you can ensure what messages you will receive at specified numbers.
Written Step-by-Step Instructions:
In order to utilize this feature simply follow the steps below to create an account through the secure Contact Manager web site provided by School Messenger.
Steps for setting up your account:
1. Click here to go to the Contact Manager
2. Click the Sign Up Now link near the bottom of the page.
4. Check your email (and junk mail too). There will be an Account Confirmation email from email@example.com which contains a link to confirm your account. This link will take you to a confirmation page where you must enter your password in order to activate your account.
5. Once you’ve confirmed your account, you’re ready to add yourself to your account. Click the button that says “Click here to begin.”
6. You will then be taken to the Contact Activation - Step 1 screen. Select the option “I do not have an activation code and want to activate by phone.” Click next.
7. You will then be taken to Contact Activation – Step 2 where you need to enter your child’s student ID number. This number is a five digit number and begins with a 1 or 2 (it is also the same number as their SAGE lunch code). If you do not know the student ID, you can find it by logging into NetClassroom
, click on the link on the top bar for grades (example: “John’s grades”). Click on Transcript, the number is on the top left of the transcript.
8. School Messenger is now matching up your account with the numbers it has on file. You will see instructions to activate by phone. You must call from one of those phone numbers associated with your account. For security reasons, part of the phone number has been blocked out. Follow the instructions to activate by phone. Once you do that you will be successfully activated and will see your name listed under contacts. (Note: If you do not see any of your numbers in the phone activation section, please email Mr. Strunk at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can get that sorted out.)
9. If you have more than one child at this school, you can add them to your account. Click the contacts tab and select “Add a Contact.” You will need to put in the Student ID associated with that account. It will then ask you to call from a phone number associated with that account. Once you do that your child will be linked to your account. You can do this with as many children as you have at the school.
10. When you have finished adding your account and your children to your account (if applicable), navigate to the Contacts tab and click the edit link to right of you and your child’s name. There you can simply check which types of messages you would like to receive (Emergencies, General, Sports) and at which phone number or email address (you can add up to 10). At the bottom you can add up to 5 text message numbers (SMS). Make sure that you click Save when you are done making changes.
Thank you for signing up and we hope you enjoy the School Messenger Contact Manager! If you have any questions or problems, please contact Timothy Strunk at email@example.com.